Best of the Week
posts displayed by category
These hot pickled peppers were a Cuban sandwich garnish made by my friend and all-around great chef Kevin McAfee. You can indulge in his talents at Café Stella in Silverlake.
Thanks to all the new ESFB subscribers, Facebook friends and Twitter followers. If you want to join in the fun, click one of the links. In the meantime, here are my favorite food articles of the week:
Eating LA has a question: Can the Lazy Ox Canteen be all things to all people?
The Minty is showing off some savory pics from her DTLA Mac & Cheese Crawl.
Jonathan Gold wants us all to stop with double-entendre-laced ball talk. Yuck, I agree.
Tuna Toast makes me swoon with an “unctuous” pig’s head bolognese. Where’s mine?
Here are some of my favorite food articles of the week:
- E*Star LA pairs beer and cheese in the name of victory.
- Hollywood’s Pure Luck has pickle chips! LA and OC Foodventures has the photos to prove it.
- The Gastronomer makes me want to go to Boston for an egg sandwich.
- Eater LA has a list of late night drinking deals because who can make happy hour?
- Food, She Thought seeks refuge from the rain in Bottega Louie.
Have a great weekend and eat good stuff!
Truffle Burger from Umami Burger in Los Feliz
Here’s what I read and liked this week:
- The Teenage Gluster writes from Puebla, Mexico and makes me want a Cemita in the worst way.
- Peanut Butter cookies, anyone? The Gastronomer shows us how to make some à la Bouchon.
- Street Gourmet LA illustrates the talent of Baja California’s best chefs in 39 dishes.
- Table Conversation tells us where to get the best shrimp taco, outside of Mazatlan. I was there for this taco, so I can vouch for the veracity of this claim.
- New beer store from the minds at Colorado Wine Company! The Eastsider has the sudsy details.
- In more drink news, Echo Park Now lists the best margaritas in the neighborhood. Cheers!
Have a great weekend, and eat good stuff!
Italian Sub from Fidel’s Pizza in Highland Park.
- Denny’s goes too far with their horrifying Mozzarella Stick Melt, and Squid Ink calls ‘em out.
- In happier fried food news, the Gastronomer has located the “World’s Best Corndog.” .
- Echo Park Now has the scoop on Mooi’s new breed of vegan pizzas.
- Tes at Home shows us how to make Thai style corn fritters. Tes is the best!
- Food, She Thought gives us a look at opening night at Villains Tavern.
Eat well, and have a great weekend!
- Kelly at Echo Park Now shows you the great stuff you can find at the Echo Park Farmer’s Market.
- Eat, Drink & Be Merry has some tasty pics from Yatai Pop Up at Breadbar.
- Bandini from The Great Taco Hunt eats some perfect tacos from the Tacos El Korita truck in East LA.
- Grumble Grumble tries the Goa Pork Curry from the India Jones Truck and loves it.
Don’t forget: The Boyle Heights Farmer’s Market starts tonight! 3pm-8pm with 25 vendors.
Have a great weekend!
I’m a little late with this but:
- The Eastsider LA tells us how Mooi, Echo Park’s new raw vegan joint, brings new meaning to “making an entrance.”
- Javier over at Teenage Gluster gives us a delectable preview of the upcoming “East LA Meets Napa”. Great, now I’m craving stuffed squash blossoms.
- Get with the program! The cocktail program at Nick & Steph’s, that is. Caroline on Crack has all the deets.
- Health Magazine has the 50 Fattiest Foods in America. In-n-Out’s Double Double made the list. Yay, California.
P.S. I’m now an official contributer to one of my favorite LA Blogs, The Eastsider LA. Check it out—it’s informative and a must for all Eastsiders.
- Noah Galuten names the “5 Most Disgusting Items in Trader Joe’s Freezer Aisle” on LA Weekly’s Squid Ink.
- The Daily Dish has a warning about a new maggot-making fruit fly in town. Yuck!
- On a yummier note, Mattatouille has some tasty pics of the dumpling kind from The Dim Sum Truck.
- Josh Lurie over at Food GPS has convinced me to try the AMMO Sunday Roast.
Have a delicious weekend!
- Big thanks to Drew at Los Angeles Foodie for the very kind endorsement of Eastside Food Bites. LA food bloggers are the coolest people ever.
- H.C. makes me crave Ramen in the worst way with some delicious pics from The Shojin Downtown on L.A. and O.C. Foodventures.
- Eddie Lin introduces us to the hellacious 7-Patty Burger offered at Burger King in Taiwan on Deep End Dining. Fatty-making American conspiracy? Maybe.
- Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! LA now has a Filipino Food Truck! It’s called The Manila Machine and Catherine over at The Gastronomer has the Lumpia lowdown.
- I really need to take a foodcation to Oregon. The Guilty Carnivore convinces me with a write up of Restaurant Uruapan . A taqueria with a juke box? Sold!
Have a great weekend—eat good stuff!
Here’s a rundown of my favorite food blogging this week:
- Bandini talks King Taco on The Great Taco Hunt.
- The Gastronomer gives a lesson on grilling Bison Burgers.
- Pat takes a savory journey at the Lebanese Zaatar Bakery in Burbank on Eating LA. I’m Jealous.
- Sinosoul has some delicious, though slightly too expensive, sandwiches at Food+Lab.
- Daily Dish remembers Al Cassel, originator of one of LA’s best burgers.